Currently seeking applicants for a full-time Firefighter/EMT ALS (Intermediate or Paramedic) with Colorado state certifications. We offer FPPA retirement benefits and an annual income of $50-$55k to start. Full-time crews work a 48/96 shift schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Perform firefighting work, including preventing, combating and extinguishing fires to save and protect life, property and the environment.
- Drive, operate and maintain fire apparatus and equipment appropriately
- Provide emergency medical care within scope of practice
- Quickly and effectively analyze hazardous situations and take appropriate actions
- Participate in trainings, maintain certifications
- Upkeep of station, grounds and related equipment
- Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- At least 18 years of age with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must pass written and physical tests
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass a background check
- Colorado State Certifications
- Colorado State Certified EMT Intermediate or Paramedic
- Fire certifications are greatly appreciated, but not required. Can train individual willing to learn and obtain.
Please send a cover letter, resume and our application, found belowApplication
Olathe Fire Protection District
406 S. 5th St.
PO Box 547
Olathe, CO 81425
- Olathe is a small, rural, agricultural community on Colorado's Western Slope
- Home of the famous Olathe Sweet Sweet Corn!
- Montrose County is home to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and is a recreational hub for outdoor enthusiasts along the Uncompaghre River, Paradox Valley, and the San Juan Mountains. Grand Junction, Grand Mesa National Forest and the Colorado National Monument are just an hour away
- OFPD serves a population of over 7,000 covering 92 sq. miles
- Bordering BLM lands on the east and west, response area also includes recreational areas and grass roots residents
- OFPD call volume 1200+ calls per year: averaging 100 fire calls, 500+ 911 calls and 500+ Inter-Facility Transfers
- Please visit our Home page and our About Us page for more information about OFPD