Skip to main content

Controlled Burning

Tell us About Your Controlled Burning


A quick call to our dispatch center advises us of your burning activity.

If your burn gets out of control, immediately call 911.
Click here for a link to Montrose County Fire Ban information and registration for Code Red

Open Burning Permits are required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for non-exempt burning activities.  To find out more and obtain permit information, please visit  the CDPHE website or click here. 

Colorado Open Burning Information
May contain: fire, flame, and bonfire
Join our mailing list